write in another genre
Again and again I have heard that an author should not change the genre or if he should adopt a pseudonym and start all over again. Or he could just change the genre, he is very successful. Another option: do not even write in a genre. Or start as early as possible. I have long known that, for example, Charlotte Link, a highly successful author, writes in all sorts of genres. According to historical novels, she has family sagas, romances, thrillers and psychological thriller written. I just have a interview from the year 2006 found . This all sounds very nice, and it sounds even then, that it is only so successful because she started early (at 16) and then took three years for a book, now 1-2 years. Positive it is determined that they could soon write full time, but more importantly, that everyone, who accompanied them when making books, stood behind her, even when the genre changes ! And that-today-for 25 years.
That is all but no picnic and a stroll on the literary entertainment area, but hard work, as described by Charlotte Link in the interview. I realize even as I present Crime (my genre changes) very different demands than what I've written quite other research. I had the historical novel care for the facts to the ambience and the historical consistency of the characters and the language, there are now quite different questions that come to me. Since the novel is set in my environment, it can be verified for me but also for each other, whether it still exists as the pizzeria, which is described in Tübingen-Derendingen. What's in the restaurants on the table changes, so that one could write a restaurant guide, after a few years would be still valid. Besides the data relating to annual review. But whether the effort is worth? In my dishes come to the restaurant table, it certainly will be there for another ten years later. Or can anyone imagine that there will be no pasta, roast beef with onions or farmer sausages more? If it were so, so there would be only fast food, I write science fiction that is still a genre change with a big jump in the literary future! * G * As I wrote last 5 years more or less historical thrillers, the leap to the presence of crime is of course not too large. This is me familiar with the plot and all that. There are also some historical elements in the crime.
I imagine that I write all my new novel for me, and I do too. No idea if that will interest a publisher or a reader or whether one is a sales success of which promise could. But I like it a hundred percent the way he is and how it is. I have a frame that I built a few months, purely intellectual, which I now fill with everything inside is for me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment